Ambassador Workshop (half-day programme)
“The tutors were professional, friendly, and flexible in their approach. Thank you for helping equip the volunteer workforce involved in Cardiff’s contribution to the London 2012 Games!”
Gareth Power, Sport Cardiff (trained local ambassadors in Cardiff for London 2012 Games)
WorldHost Ambassador Workshop gives staff and volunteers the skills to deliver a warm and friendly welcome to customers and visitors, and is particularly focused on their role as an ambassador for their local area.
Participants will learn how equipping themselves with knowledge about what’s on offer in their local community can take their service to another level. We’ll encourage them to think about what’s available in the local area, and how a positive and enthusiastic attitude can have a real effect on the visitor experience (and ultimately, visitor spend).
This programme was used to train thousands of local ambassadors for the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympics, and is perfect for training staff and volunteers at sport, cultural or tourism events of any size.
Your staff/volunteers will learn:
- Why their role as an ambassador is so important, and how powerful their connection can be with visitors to your community
- How to demonstrate a warm welcome to customers and visitors and respond to their different needs
- The importance of maintaining a positive attitude
- How to become more familiar with the community they represent, equipping them with the knowledge to answer customer queries
- Information about a specific event or changing infrastructure in the community (if the programme is being used to prepare for a particular event)